TUESDAY 31st March UPDATE - We are continuing to deliver your gift orders Monday to Saturday this week, next week and throughout April. We have plenty of lovely stock growing for the rest of the Spring & Summer months.
Keep calm and get your loved ones into their gardens with a little help from Web Garden Centre.
Hello everyone, we hope you are all keeping safe and well. While we're navigating these uncertain times we wanted to write up a quick update from WGC to let you know what we are doing relating to the COVID-19 virus pandemic.
As a small business, the WGC office team are now working from home and our small packing teams are self isolating together to ensure wellness whilst still providing our usual top levels of service without interruption.
Please continue to support small businesses like us over coming weeks and months and together we will be stronger.
Please can we ask that if you order goods from us or any online business to a household that is self-isolating to shout out to the courier driver to leave the goods on the doorstep?
In the meantime, the world of nature moves onwards so enjoy the Springtime in your gardens.
The safety of both our staff and customers is a top priority to us here at Web Garden Centre so we wanted you to be rest assured we are taking the right steps so that we can ensure the health and wellness of everybody throughout this time.
New Safety Measures
- Office staff - Now only one person in the office at all times
- Packing staff - all working and following these steps to make sure we can still safely operate
- Nursery Office deep clean – The office is being cleaned every morning and lunchtime
- Nursery Office isolation – 1 key person allowed in the office on the same day
- Packing area deep clean – The packing area is being cleaned 3 times a day and the packing staff have enough room to allow at least 2 meters space around them
- Product cleaning - All pots are cleaned with anti-bacterial wipes before packing and dispatch
- Staff health monitored – We are monitoring the health of our staff closely and ensuring that any staff on leave or isolation are looked after
Is it still safe to receive packages?
"Yes. The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low." 
How long does the virus live on surfaces?
"It is not certain how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces, but it seems to behave like other coronaviruses. Studies suggest that coronaviruses (including preliminary information on the COVID-19 virus) may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days. This may vary under different conditions (e.g. type of surface, temperature or humidity of the environment).
If you think a surface may be infected, clean it with simple disinfectant to kill the virus and protect yourself and others. Clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose." 
 World Health Organisation [Online]. Available at: https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses